Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book News



I just read that the sequel to Beautiful Creatures by Kemi Garcia and Margaret Stohl will be called Beautiful Darkness and will be released October 26, just in time for Halloween. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I just could not get into Beautiful Creatures. I love books with a strong sense of place so I thought I'd really like it since it takes place in South Carolina. Instead, I felt like it needed some editing and similar to the Twilight series it really bothered me that the characters immediately bought into the supernatural scenarios with no hesitation. I think I'm just over supernatural for the time being.

W
e've put The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell on order. The Carrie Diaries is basically the prequel to Sex in the City. It's Carrie's life as a teen. With the Sex in the City movie sequel coming out, it'll definitely be a big hit. While I've heard that there are discrepancies between some aspects of Carrie's life in the book versus what we've learned about her on the show, I'm definitely excited to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment